This area of the law impacts all businesses and individuals.
Employment laws can be complex and often changing, which means keeping up to date can be a challenge. Businesses need to follow correct procedures to avoid risk and the potential negative impact on staff, reputation and brand.
We strive to provide practical and effective advice in a way that is clearly understood. We do this keeping in mind that a quick response time may be required to avoid further issues arising.
We also work with businesses to assist them avoid risk by ensuring that policies and procedures and employment contracts are implemented.
Our legal expertise includes:
- Engagement and termination of employees
- Engagement of independent contractors
- Employment contracts
- Workplace policies
- Performance management
- Disciplinary procedures
- Workplace investigations
- Post-employment restraints
- General HR and legislation
- Social media and technology
- Advice on anti-discrimination laws, sexual harassment and bullying
- Business restructuring and transfer of business
- Protection of confidential information
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission and Courts